We’re glad to announce that as of Wednesday 2nd December 2020, Makespace is open for LIMITED ACCESS! This means the space can be used for any individual activities (but no group events).
We’ve also extended the payment holiday until 2021, so membership payments will not restart until the new year. Merry Christmas 🙂
Please take the time to remind yourself what LIMTED ACCESS means:
The LIMITED ACCESS rules:
- DO NOT ENTER if you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- DO NOT ENTER if you have experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- Notify Makespace if you develop COVID-19 after a visit
- Use your keyfob when entering and leaving, so we can comply with Track & Trace guidelines
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times
- You must wear a face covering at all times
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer, especially on entering and leaving Makespace
- Clean all surfaces, equipment and PPE used during your visit
- Doors must stay open at all times and the Mainspace extraction fan on
- NO guests or visitors
- Makespace is now covered by 24/7 CCTV recording. If you wish to report unsafe working, inappropriate distancing or members not wearing a mask please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have limits on the number of people in different spaces to help ensure social distancing can be maintained comfortably:
- Mainspace – MAXIMUM of 6 members. Maintain social distance please
- Classroom – MAXIMUM of 4 members. One table per member please
- Workshop/Metalshop – MAXIMUM of 3 and 1 members respectively.
- Kitchen – MAXIMUM of 1 member. Only cold drink consumption is permitted with the use of plastic cups (provided). No food consumption or preparation permitted
- Craft Room – MAXIMUM of 2 members. Sewing machine work is being given priority in the Craft Room
You can get a rough idea of the number of people in the space at any time from the Space Activity page, although we can not guarantee accuracy.
Please do also check the meetup.makespace.org for events, as many are happening online despite not being able to meet in person.