We are pleased to share that from Monday 27th July, Makespace will move from “Closed” to “Equipment Access” status. This means masks must be worn in Makespace at all times and social distancing must be observed. Visits are restricted to activities you cannot do at home.
Access is for equipment only. Keep your visit to only the time needed to use the equipment safely. Please do design and preparation work prior to visiting Makespace so that we can maximise access to the equipment.
Only 6 people at any time are allowed in the main space, 2 in the wood shop, 1 in the metal shop, 2 in the craft room and 1 in the kitchen. 12 in total in Makespace at any time.
All the normal safety measures are still a core part of how Makespace operates. There must be two people in the Space if you are working in the secure workshop and safety glasses must be worn. Equipment must be monitored appropriately.
If all goes well, we hope to be able to open for training in the next month. The Owners and Trainers have been meeting regularly to complete the move to online training in preparation.
You can read more about how access to the space will work in the blog post Makespace Reopening Plans.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
We will need everyone’s help to make opening further a possibility. Please read the following information and stay safe as we reopen Makespace.
Rules and precautions for Equipment Access in Makespace
- DO NOT ENTER if you have been exposed to COVID-19
- DO NOT ENTER if you have symptoms
- Notify Makespace if you develop COVID-19 after a visit
- Use your keyfob when entering and leaving, so we can comply with Track&Trace guidelines
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times
- You must wear a face covering
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer, especially on entering and leaving Makespace
- Clean all surfaces, equipment and PPE used during your visit
- Doors must stay open at all times and the Main Space extraction fan on
- NO guests or visitors
- Makespace is now covered by 24/7 CCTV recording. If you wish to report unsafe working, inappropriate distancing or members not wearing a mask please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be limited numbers of people in the Space. Please adhere to these restrictions:
- Classroom- Not in use other than COVID-19 related activities
- Main Space- MAX 6 people. No seated work permitted
- Workshop and Metalshop- MAX 2 and 1 people respectively. Workshop dust extract system must be emptied after each use
- Kitchen- 1 person. Only cold drink consumption is permitted with the use of plastic cups (provided). No food consumption or preparation permitted
- Craft Room- 2 people. Sewing machine work is being given priority in the Craft Room
Welcome Back! Please stay safe.